Monday, October 12, 2009

Rainy Day Blog

Hey guys/gals. My name is Chris and I am the singer/guitarist from Rainy Day Manual out of Memphis, TN. This is a blog about my trials and errors of doing what I love to do ... make music. There will be an emphasis on the perspective of developing a band in Memphis, and tangents will abound. There will be love and hate :: curses and cheers :: fodder for any and foie gras for few. We'll keep it light for the first entry. Here's some thoughts I wrote down on my lunch break today ....

Mister won't you wipe my slate clean.
Make it shine.
Make it Mine
Make it green.

My ailment is that I am born with nothing to presume.
Then tossed into a brewing storm and locked inside my room.

Something hot, something cold
Pick a poison, tip a tonic.
The soft is often hard
and the loud is supersonic.

Mister can't you let me go?
I'll dig into your ground
And grow into a mountain
while I never make a sound.

Out right, down-right
Outlaws in sight.

Our tunnels keep them looking, looking, looking for us
But they got no way to see us and their nets are fully porous.
Chewing through our dirt with only grit to eat,
Spit us out without a care. We're sticking to their feet.



Keep in touch. Hope you're having fun.
http://www.rainydaymanual.com

No comments:

Post a Comment